Wednesday, February 25, 2009

[Cookie 002] Buttery Pecan Rounds

Buttery Pecan Rounds

Butter butter butter. Oh man oh man. Yeah, these cookies are not low-calorie, even by a cookie's standards. We're talkin' 2 whole sticks, with an end result of about 24 cookies, give or take. Yep, and you can definitely taste it. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of ultra buttery cookies, especially when you can taste the flavor of the butter, but I'm sure that you can find some people who are. And for those people, you can make these Buttery Pecan Rounds!

Room Temp Butter, for once!Toasting Pecans
A pretty accurate visual description of this recipe

So! The recipe! It's very simple to make, and it can be done with your eyes closed (practically) if you have a food processor. And it makes your house/apartment/dorm smell so delish... but really, I doubt that there is a cookie out there that doesn't smell amazing when its baking.

Buttery Pecan Batter

And you know a recipe is simple when I'm able to bake it in my dorm, considering I do not have any type of mix master/egg beater, and my oven only works half the time. By leaving out the butter until it really, truly, honestly was room temperature made the stirring up of the batter a total breeze.

So yeah, the end results: The cookie is tasty, but a little too buttery for my liking. Also, when I took them out of the oven (they took much longer to cook than I anticipated), they were pretty flat looking...sad!

{End Results}
Baking Difficultly: 1/5
Ingredient Accessibility: 4/5
Tastiness: 3/5
Attractiveness: 2/5
Is it worth it?: Sure

No comments: